I have been in Australia for just over a month now. I have come to realize that I think about Doug, just about everyday. With everything I do and some of the situations I've faced he has been there. This trip has been amazing, yet has made me face some major hardships. I feel that due to everything I had been through with Doug, that's what made me handle situations with the best decisions.
The other day I came down with the flu. I was laying around my house wishing I had the comfort of my family around me. At least my dad to bring me chicken noodle soup from the onion roll like usual. I was in my bed staring at the blog for at least an hour. Reading all the blogs over and over again. To be honest I was crying like a little baby. While doing so I proceeded to text my dad and tell him I missed him. When he replied he told me to look at the blog. I was confused because I was just at it. So I check it out again and there's my dads post. I have come to realize that even across the world we are all thinking of him at the same time. Also, that Doug manages to watch out for all of us no matter where he is. That alone gives me so much comfort and strength as I'm over here facing this country by myself.
To everyone back home, I miss you and love you with all of my heart.
To Doug, thank you for still being here for me when I need you.
1 comment:
you are such a brave and beautiful young woman Taylor, thank you for the heartfelt message. I think of you often and keep you in my prayers. be safe, be strong, be adventureous, be well. keep in touch on the blog, it was great seeing your story. i miss him too, some days are better than others. your playlist is such a comfort. Love Sally
Post a Comment